Clicking 'Checking out' with Work orders locks them for further use.

HamptonHampton Member Posts: 50
edited May 26 in Feedback

In the service function, clicking 'Checking out' within a workorder changes its status to done & paid and locks it from further use.

As a retail there is more work to be done after our customers are dealt with and in this case having an area to continue making notes and/or status changes "after" checking out would resolve the issue we are having.

Post edited by VanessaD on

12 comments

• discountpools60discountpools60 Member Posts: 8

Yes, I would like to know also if there is a remedy to this. I also need to change work order details even after they pay. Thanks

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 596 moderator

Hey @Hampton and @discountpools60!

Thanks for letting us know!

I suggest you submit this to our ideas page for the potential of adding it to an upcoming release of Lightspeed. The more people vote on these, the better the chances of things getting implemented in the long-run.

If ever you're interested in understanding the core behaviour as to why this happens, you can read the following:

When the work order is actually paid for, then you're right that the work order gets locked. This occurs since it's associated to a completed sale, which the line items can no longer be changed in Retail, so the work order also can no longer be changed.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• HamptonHampton Member Posts: 50
    edited February 2020

@VanessaD Thank you for your comments Vanessa.

We are really just looking for a field to enter a note.

This might be a question that will improving the efficiency of Lightspeed Retail. If you have a locking problem on work orders, sales and returns, and special orders I cannot see how entering an additional text field for notes would cause a script issue.

Hey @Hampton !

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's always something that can be reviewed.

Cheers!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Any update?

• boviobovio Member Posts: 2

Would love this issue to be acknowledged, especially since the ideas page has disappeared altogether.

@VanessaD Any update?

... Posted May 9th and its now May 23rd ...

@Hampton @bovio @SamA

Hey @Hampton

Thanks for checking in!

Enhancement requests are stored on a list that our product team, when looking for future enhancements, reviews when they are finished with their existing projects.

Most times when we receive a request, we often don't hear back about it until it's almost in general availability, or beta.

———

All the best!

Vanessa

@VanessaD I need to see the priorites of developing this platform. They are not retailers and if we want to see this platform succeed there needs to be a transparent feed back loop.

I would suggest a thought out survey to direct the needs of your customers with the plans of the dev team.

I would rather know that something is not being worked on!

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 683 

I get the rationale behind not being able to edit a committed transaction, be it a sale, a workorder, a refund, etc. But at the very least being able to view the various fields as read-only would be logical.

We are a luxury jewelry retailer who also creates custom jewelry and repairs jewelry. So say we have a completed Workorder for a customer. The customer needed a ring resized. They come back in and accuse us of switching the center stone since it looks different. If the salesperson handling their concern could pull up their completed Workorder, view the internal notes and activity, they could see where the head also needed to be replaced since it was accidentally cracked. No extra charge to the customer, but our mistake. That's why the center stone looks different.

Without being able to pull up the notes we would be exposed based on the example above. Especially seeing we process around 15K repairs a year. Hence another reason why we couldn't launch Retail for our larger parent company.

@gregarican I think we are agreeing on the same point?

We want editable internal notes on a work order after it is processed (aka locked) so the notes are compartmentalized with a customers file ?