Track & trace URL

Paul_WillemsenPaul_Willemsen Member Posts: 14

What is the point of sending the customer an email with a track & trace code without giving the carriers name or full url to a track and trace page?

Is there a way to have more variables in a shipment such as [carrier] or [url] which can be used in the email to construct a valid trace-url? For instance: Your order has been shipped with [carrier] and be traced here: [url]&[TTCODE].

Alternatively, we would need to disable Lightspeed notifications and send these emails through other means.

Thanks for your input,

Paul

4 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 119 moderator

Hi @Paul_Willemsen,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately there is no way to get more variables in this template. If you are using PostNL you can use this link to redirect to the tracking page https://jouw.postnl.nl/#!/track-en-trace/[[ttcode]]/NL/[[zipcode]]

If you don't want to send these emails you just empty the template in the backoffice. If you are doing this through the API you just simply use the settings below:

PUT /shipments/{shipment_id}.json

I hope this was helpful.

• Paul_WillemsenPaul_Willemsen Member Posts: 14

Thanks for the reply. My problem is, I use multiple carriers so the urls are not straight forward.

I can create a new metafield to a shipment to hold this information but without a way to put this as a variable in an email, there is no point.

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 119 moderator

Hi @Paul_Willemsen,

That's correct, you can't use this information unfortunately.

For example, you have 2 carriers. When customers order on your website, they choose which shipping method they want. Based on this they click on the correct URL in the Track & Trace code email to go to the correct tracking info.

• Paul_WillemsenPaul_Willemsen Member Posts: 14

That is not how it works.

The customer does not decide the shipping method, it depends on the sold item. Some items are shipped with GLS, others with UPS etc.

This can vary based on box size, weight and/or warehouse location. My ERP system has all the information. We will send the track&trace mail from there.