Print labels for available quantities

pgoodshippgoodship Member Posts: 5
edited March 2020 in Products & Inventory

Coming from OnSite, this is a feature I used to make use of constantly for price changes.

Is there a way/on the road map to populate the number of labels to print based on quantity on hand of the item?

5 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @pgoodship !

Thanks for making this suggestion, I'll note it down to forward it for future enhancements.

For the time being, though, we do offer the Print Labels section of the Inventory tab to print a bulk amount of labels. If you receive items through the help of a purchase order, it should automatically send the quantity of received items to the print queue so you can print them out with ease.

Upon importing items for the first time, as well, since you can include quantities to the items, these also get sent to the Print Labels queue.

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• DrGasDrGas Member Posts: 6

Vanessa, this is not helpful. I'm running into this, as well. I want to be able to dump a category at a time to the label queue. And clicking through each item in an entire category is NOT helpful.

When we need to price change an entire category, and re-label everything, which I do every 2 weeks since my products flutuate, we can do the prices via CVS import. But since there is no inventory adjustment allowed in CVS import, we can't then simply send the whole thing to the queue.

It's a serious pain in the rear.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 702 

This is a lacking feature via the API as well. You can view the label queue, but cannot add items to it --> https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/endpoints/DisplayTemplate-Label/.

For bulk handling large price updates this is ungainly to say the least.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @DrGas and @gregarican ,

I entirely understand your frustration and need to make things more efficient.

Alternatively, if you wanted to print items via one category, you could always create a PO, add all items related by category, set the quantities you wish to print out via the order quantity, then click on the Print All Labels button at the top of the page.

Even if you haven't received the items, they will print labels, then you can delete the PO once you've printed out all necessary labels.

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• workerchimpworkerchimp Member Posts: 24

When you add items to the print queue (by clicking the price tag icon and the plus sign) it only adds a quantity of one. Why not have a simple drop down at that point to be able to select the quantity on hand? The way it is right now, you have to write down the quantity if you are doing a bunch of them so that when you eventually get to the print queue, you can update the quantities there. I think that it would be a pretty simple thing to add for LightSpeed's programmer staff for the next update.....