Common ID between Retail and eCom?

VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 97 ✭

Am I missing something, or is their really no common ID between Retail and eCom? I am using omnichannel (both Retail and eCom), and am trying to do a couple things including build a data warehouse, set up some processing to batch sync and update some data, and realizing there is no exposed system key that is common between the two?

Am I missing something?

If I am not, what have others done to maintain continuity between data? I don't have UPC/EANs on all my items, not all of my items have the same names (we edit them in eCom to optimize them). What have others done?

3 comments

• tpbolatpbola Member Posts: 13

I'm trying to figure this out as well. Chat support advised there was not a unique identifier shared between eCom and Retail. That seems crazy to me. The more business I do through "OMNICHANNEL" the more I am finding a need to sync these databases.

• DanielBrodskyDanielBrodsky Member Posts: 8

In retail I apply the systemID to customsku. This translates to the article code in eCom. When querying from both Retail and eCom I join systemID with article code. Hope that helps!

-Daniel

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 97 ✭

@DanielBrodsky I am doing the same now. I added a call to my nightly batch that copies the systemID to the customSKU for any items I missed so I don't have to manually Copy/Paste. And I am pulling all my data out of LS (both eCom and Retail) in to a separate database so I can do reporting, queries, automation, etc.