How to write to weight and oldPriceExcl in eCom with Omnichannel?

VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 121 

I am trying to write to variants, but get a error 403. I assume this is because I am omnichannel. However, I am trying to write to weight and to oldPriceExcl, which are not updated from Retail, and are not accessible from the Retail api. Am I doing something wrong and I should be able to write to these or am I being blocked? How can I write to those fields? I am specifically trying to work around the fact that these fields aren't being updated - I need to inject weights in for things with no weights, and do bulk updates of the Old Price to drive the "Sale" functionality in the theme.

Best Answer

Answers

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 121 

Thank you, that helps confirm. I looked at the doc for ItemECommerce, and it says "These fields are not used by Lightspeed eCommerce" but based on your email I assume if I write to this endpoint it will in fact get moved? Does the doc need an update?

Also, I assume the weight is in grams?

Any planned development to expose OldPriceExcl? I ask because it drives the automatic "Sale" flag in Conform and some other themes, and it is not updatable from Retail. We have a process where we use MSRP in Retail and push it over in to Old Price (currently using the import as you suggested) but I was trying to build this in to a nightly batch file - thus the hope that it will get exposed to Omnichannel customers.

Thank you!

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 973 moderator

Hi

The docs need an update indeed, sorry about that. The weight depends on the default weight unit in the shop, most common is grams.

There are no plans to build this and it's also not on our roadmap for the coming year. The two workarounds will give you the "Sale" flag on the website.

1. Use the import function in the back office
    2. Use discount rules, this is an easy way to create discounts that will be automatically active on the website(upsell).
  • DanielBrodskyDanielBrodsky Member Posts: 8

Thank you, this was very helpful! I understand Old Price is not on the roadmap but I am also a omnichanel customer that would get a lot of value from it being exposed via the API

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 973 moderator

You're welcome, I can imagine that as well. But I guess you'll have to work with the two workarounds :)

I hope you have wonderful day.

• DanielBrodskyDanielBrodsky Member Posts: 8

Just wanted to post an update for anyone giving this a try. This only works for items that have not yet been published to eCom. Endpoints will not work if the items are already published to eCom. Unpublishing items and then making the changes works after publishing again

@DanielBrodsky,

This is correct.

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 121 

Just wanted to complain a little about this again. ;) I am looking at a template that uses the Custom Template fields (data01, etc.) and looks like I can't update those with API calls? Also, it is a pain to have to deactivate items in eCom to update them via API.

Every time I do a manual upload of a spreadsheet because I can't write data the API I get annoyed. It seems like a little love on this part of the API -being able to update eCom products - would really help your Omni customers out.

Just love it, Lightspeed! Give it the love!