Received "Webhook is failing" email from Lightspeed

artisanwineshopartisanwineshop Member Posts: 3

Hi, I received an email from Lightspeed about my webhook failing. I do not know what a webhook is. I use Shipstation and Order Alert is installed on my phone. I have not done any customization on Conform Plus, the template I use. Below is the email I received. I do not know why the webhook address has a period after "com", that seems weird. But I don't know what the this address is. None of this email makes any sense to me, I am not a coder. Please help!!! Your webhook is failing

Dear ,

Lightspeed eCom is not receiving a valid response from your application for the following webhook:

Shop: shop.artisanwineshop.com

Webhook address: https://harmony-us1.lightspeed-onsite.com./api/ecom-webhook

You should review your application to determine why the webhook is not receiving a valid response. Common reasons for failing webhooks could include:

• Webhooks not migrated after server migrations
  • Deprecated or webhooks used for testing that need to be deleted
  • Mishandled responses (outside of the 2XX range)
  • Upstream code returns a failure - responses should be 2XX regardless of their effectiveness towards a secondary goal

Please resolve this issue or disable the webhook.

Webhook details:

{
    "webhook": {
        "id": 38775,
        "createdAt": "2018-06-25T20:00:18+00:00",
        "updatdAt": "2018-06-25T20:00:18+00:00",
        "isActive": true,
        "itemGroup": "orders",
        "itemAction": "*",
        "language": {
            "id": 3,
            "code": "en",
            "locale": "en_GB",
            "title": "English"
        },
        "format": "json",
        "address": "https://harmony-us1.lightspeed-onsite.com./api/ecom-webhook"
    }
}

3 comments

• sinansinan Member, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 7 moderator

Hi @artisanwineshop ,

The webhook in question is the one that connects your OnSite to eCom. Since we are already monitoring these webhooks ourselves in Lightspeed, you do not need to take any action.

Furthermore, since these emails do not require any action, we will stop sending them in the future.

Have a nice day,

Sinan

• artisanwineshopartisanwineshop Member Posts: 3

Hi Sinan,

Thanks, I just received another email today, I've pasted the content here. Is it the same as before, I don't need to take action? Just wondering since you had stopped the emails for a while, so don't know if this is a new issue.

Thank you!

Your webhook is failing

Dear ,

Lightspeed eCom is not receiving a valid response from your application for the following webhook:

Shop: shop.artisanwineshop.com

Webhook address: https://harmony-us1.lightspeed-onsite.com./api/ecom-webhook

You should review your application to determine why the webhook is not receiving a valid response. Common reasons for failing webhooks could include:

• Webhooks not migrated after server migrations
    • Deprecated or webhooks used for testing that need to be deleted
    • Mishandled responses (outside of the 2XX range)
    • Upstream code returns a failure - responses should be 2XX regardless of their effectiveness towards a secondary goal

Please resolve this issue or disable the webhook.

Webhook details:

{
        "webhook": {
            "id": 38775,
            "createdAt": "2018-06-25T20:00:18+00:00",
            "updatdAt": "2018-06-25T20:00:18+00:00",
            "isActive": true,
            "itemGroup": "orders",
            "itemAction": "*",
            "language": {
                "id": 3,
                "code": "en",
                "locale": "en_GB",
                "title": "English"
            },
            "format": "json",
            "address": "https://harmony-us1.lightspeed-onsite.com./api/ecom-webhook"
        }
    }

-

• LeahLeah Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 176 moderator

Hi @artisanwineshop, you're correct, no action needed on your end. I've let Sinan know so he can alert the team that you have received another one of those emails, in order to make sure email notifications are no longer sent for those webhooks.

API Support
    Lightspeed HQ