Filtering products based on supplier

SalamanderSalamander Member Posts: 1

Hello

The Api is clearly documented regarding the resource endpoints.

However, I'm struggling with an issue where I would like to fetch all products or orders for a given supplier in order to provide a UI for suppliers.

I don't see a clear solution when viewing the: https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/ecom/introduction/resources/

If this is not possible are there workarounds?

A last resort solution is to store product and order data myself and keep this in sync using the webhooks to restrict api usage. This however is a last resort, as it would be a better approach to retrieve products of a given supplier and orders of a given supplier directly trough the lightspeed API.

Kind regards

2 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 707 moderator

Hi @Salamander,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately it is not possible to do this directly via the URL. This means that what you already declared and which is not ideal, you should store it yourself. Sorry for this inconvenience.

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 115 ✭

I ran in to the same issue as I started working with eCom. Retail API allows for more filtering than eCom, and returns record counts with every call, so I had to pull all data from the API and store it, and then do any filtering and selecting locally in my code.