Exporting and importing all product category links
We are currently moving from eCom to omnichannel. However it's not possible to export the relation between products and the (multiple) categories it belongs to. Lightspeed only exports one category per product in their product export xls file.
But we have 12.000 items which all belong to multiple categories and its too much work to do this all again manually....
What would be the best way to make an export file with the API which can be imported in the new eCom environment en link all the products.
There a few steps involved in my opinion:
- Retrieve all productsCategories link through API call categoriesProducts() of current shop.
- Use EAN as the unique ID of the products to identify them between the shops.
- Map the current Category ID's to the new omni Category ID's as these are not the same.
- Make a excel import file containing the EAN code and new Category ID
- Import it into the new eCom
Am I missing something here, I've came so far to step 1 and have put all these relations into my dev Database.
Now for the category ID, can I maybe use their names so I don't need to map their ID's?
How to properly built the excel export file, how to built the file, can it be just EAN and CategoryID/Name per row?