QuickBooks Online - Reconciling Deposits of Credit Card Sales

I have just started with Chronogolf/Lightspeed Retail/Lightspeed Accounting. I am using the Summary Sales Receipt posting method. We have synced the last week or so of sales activity to our QBO. I mapped all the credit card and cash sales to Undeposited Funds. Should LSA be creating entries for the actual credit card deposits automatically and if so, where do I set that up? If not, here is what I have been trying to do: In QBO, I create a New Bank Deposit. I want to select the sales that occurred on the dates that appear on the Lightspeed Retail Settlement Report and then use Add Funds at the bottom of the deposit to enter the processing fees as a negative number. BUT, in every case except one, the sales don't match the Settlement Report so I can't create a deposit from the synced sales transactions. Is there another way to do this?

2 comments

• bookkeeperbrooksbookkeeperbrooks Member Posts: 2

Oh my - I just figured out that the discrepancy is coming from the Restaurant side of the golf course. I haven't finished mapping those accounts so the transactions aren't syncing to QBO. Whew!

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 133 moderator

Hey @bookkeeperbrooks !

Good to know! Glad there's nothing wrong, indeed!

If you ever need anything, let us know!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)