List of valid values for "region"?

KoenCuijpKoenCuijp Member Posts: 3

Hi there,

When creating checkouts for Lightspeed shops, some of them may have the "region" fields as a required field. There then is a list of possible regions to choose from, depending on the country for which you're making a checkout.

When creating a checkout through the API we need to know which regions are accepted by the store.

In short that leaves us 2 questions:

1 - Is the list of regions that can be chosen the same for each Lightspeed eCommerce store?

2 - Is the list of regions available for us somewhere?

We need point 2 to be able to build a lookup from the region codes we get from external marketplaces to the region notations as the Lightspeed store needs them in the checkout.

Thanks

Koen

Tags:

4 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 199 moderator

Hi @KoenCuijp,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We only have a list of the required field per country here.

1) This is indeed the same.

2) I've created a list with all provinces of US.

I hope this helps.

• KoenCuijpKoenCuijp Member Posts: 3

Hi @LucienVersendaal

Thanks a lot for the overview, we will use that to create a lookup on our side. Right now we only need it for the US, but it would be helpful (I think also for other API users) if this list and also this list of valid regions for other countries is made publically available on the API documentation.

Not a big priority from our side right now, as the list of US regions helps us fixing the issue. But would be a nice addition to the API docs.

Thanks again,

Koen

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 199 moderator

Hi @KoenCuijp,

That will be very nice indeed, this is a manual action though, so when things are getting easier we will build the list and add this to our documentation.

• KoenCuijpKoenCuijp Member Posts: 3

@LucienVersendaal Alright, makes sense !