remove Type recource to a product

JoostJoost Member Posts: 5
edited May 2020 in Development

I want to add and remove a specification (Type id) to a Product.

Add and update works by setting the id of the type in the products api, but how to remove a type from a product?

tested setting value to "", false or null, neither work

with for a exemple a brand, setting it to false works to remove the brand from the product

thanks

UPDATE:

when i delete a type with the API, all works well, but the products that where attached to the type keep showing the deleted type recource id.

Also when looking at a product in the backoffice, in the specifications section it doesn't show the name of the specifiation anymore, but in the place it show the id of the deleted type

So when a type is deleted, the type isn't well removed from the attached products!

Post edited by Joost on

1 comment

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 991 moderator

Hi @Joost,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I've tested this out and I got the same result, when I deleted it through the API, the ID is still there. What I'm going to do is report this so that our product team is aware that this needs to be fixed. Unfortunately I cannot say when this will be done, but you will be notified of this. For now the workaround is to de-attach this via the UI.