When are you going to integrate the pricing in POS with ECOM

trueoutdoorstrueoutdoors Member Posts: 6

Maybe I am missing something as we are new to Lightspeed but have been running a retail store and Retail Pro software for 16 years. We have been online with Magento for 5 years and I do not understand why you have sell Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed Ecom modules as an omnichannel solution and there is no code for them to communicate with each other on pricing?

For example when we reduce the online pricing in our POS for a matrix of products we assume it would synch up to our web store. It would then show a price change from the original MSRP price and mark it with a red slash and sale, as this is how our previous system worked.

However when we do mark downs we have to manually enter the MSRP into eCom for each item, for price mark ups we have to manually remove the MSRP from eCom for each item. This makes no sense as it increases the amount of work us retailer have to do by two fold.

Someone please tell me I am missing something or someone tell me that this is going to be fixed asap?

Answers

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 339 moderator

Hi @trueoutdoors,

Thank you for contacting us.

When you are in the back office of the POS you can easily change the online price.

When you change it, the online price is immediately updated and the new price is visible.

I hope this helps.

• trueoutdoorstrueoutdoors Member Posts: 6

Haha yeah that's just the regular online price. We're looking for how to have the "old price" (which is called MSRP on the Retail side) automatically upload and update on the eCom side when the "Online" price is lower than the MSRP/Old Price.

This is related to having a sale item display online with the red sticker and red slash through the original price...

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 101 ✭

I have had the same issue - MSRP does not move to eCom and does not activate the "Old Price" field/functionality. In addition, when you are omnichannel you cannot access old price (or most anything else in item) via the API, so you can't automate the process. You have to use the import functionality to update Old Price. I manage this by running an export from Retail, rename columns, and import back in to eCom to update the Old Price and get my 'sale' on my store page.

Another big lack of functionality is in promotions. If you use the Retail promotions to change prices they do nothing to eCom. Retail promotions are so lacking as to be almost non-existent, but frankly this limitation kills their usefulness completely if you are omni. You always have to do manual updates to the Online Price on Product in retail. And no added price category syncs to ecom. So in Retail I have an added Promotions price which again I have to use with import/export, while keeping backups of original prices so I can replace them when I want to go back to normal pricing. It is not practical.

Yes this is way too much work every time you want to put something on sale on your website. They really need to write some code to fix this as it does not make sense to buy Ecom and POS from Lightspeed when they do not communicate with each other. I wish I would have known this before I bought both. We were running our webstore on a Magento platform and Retail Pro POS, had a plugin but when you changed the pricing in POS it would synch up to Ecom immediately. Can't be that hard to do?

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 257 moderator

Hi @trueoutdoors and @VintageWineGuy

We have an enhancement request logged to sync the MSRP price with the Old price in eCom. I have tagged both your shops with this request and you will receive an email shortly from me verifying this.

That being said, we do not have a timeline on when this will be implemented.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ

Thank you Joey one step closer to getting your ECOM up to speed:)

• annadayannaday Member Posts: 1

Please tag my shop as well!

• Industrial_LuvIndustrial_Luv Member Posts: 2

I would love to be apart of this too. It's such a hassle to do it the other/old way.

• Sofa_King22Sofa_King22 Member Posts: 4

I want this done as well it seems like it should already be happening

• gareth_egareth_e Member Posts: 14

I would like to request this feature as well. There is quite a bit of time wasted by staff having to go through and put items on sale twice in order for us to show our sale pricing both front and backend. It does not make sense to have an "omnichannel" system when you can't put an item on sale pushing automatically to the front end.

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 257 moderator

@annaday , @Industrial_Luv , @Sofa_King22 and @gareth_e I have created tickets for you and linked the enhancement request.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • gregfloydgregfloyd Member Posts: 1

Please tag me for this enhancement as well. Thanks!

• WerbikesWerbikes Member Posts: 1

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 13

Please tag me for this enhancement as well

• LarryWLarryW Member Posts: 1

Yep, please tag me on this one as well.

Thanks!

• JulienDJulienD Member, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 25 moderator

@gregfloyd , @Werbikes , @shoehn and @LarryW I have created tickets for you and linked the enhancement request.

eCom Support

Lightspeed HQ

• brian_tdcmabrian_tdcma Member Posts: 2

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 1 moderator

Hi @brian_tdcma , I've created a ticket and linked you to this enhancement request.

Have a good day!

Awesome! Let me know when this is live as it has created a lot of extra work for us...