How to show brand name on receipt

gareth_egareth_e Member Posts: 3

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone would be able to help out with regards to custom receipts. I am looking for some help with code to show the "brand name" field for items before the description. It appears to "not be supported", however I have seen other threads with custom code to show various other fields on labels and receipts so I am hoping someone could help shed some light in to this issue. Ideally, I would also like to show the matrix variant descriptors for the item such as the colour & size. I.e. have the receipt showing "brand-itemdescription-variant1-variant2"

Thanks!

Answers

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 93 moderator

Hey @gareth_e ,

By default, this would fall into custom-coding territory as the basic, supported coding template (found here) does show it, but in the coding aspect of the receipt.

I do know that @VintageWineGuy and @gregarican have a vaste knowledge-base. Maybe you guys have some intel on how to make it happen easily?

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 67

I have not yet delved the depths of adding new objects to receipts, so not sure. I do see this thread which covers some custom elements in labels.

This is all a complete guess from here down...probably won't work.

Taking a very quick look at the receipt template it doesn't look like Manufacturer is already being used, but I don't know what objects are available already to a receipt. It's possible Item.Manufacturer.name is already hanging out somewhere. If so, you could hijack the manufaturerSku code that is there and see what happens.

If you change {% set show_manufacturer_sku = false %} to {% set show_manufacturer_sku = true %} and take this:

{% if options.show_manufacturer_sku and Line.Item.manufacturerSku %} <td class="custom_field">{{ Line.Item.manufacturerSku }}</td> {% endif %}

and try this:

{% if options.show_manufacturer_sku and Line.Item.manufacturerSku %} <td class="custom_field">{{ Line.Item.Manufacturer.name }}</td> {% endif %}

and see what happens? Maybe nothing, but I am lazy so I would try something like this first to see what happens.

• gareth_egareth_e Member Posts: 3

@VintageWineGuy thanks for the insight. I ended up just putting the brand name in the matrix description.