Freezed lightspeed during service

DanyMDanyM Member Posts: 1

Since I switched for Veloce to lightspeed last year, we started to have problem with it. 

Almost every 3-4 days, the system freezed and the only thing that worked was to restart the lightserver.

I lost so many hours with the support and it was always the same answer, it’s on your side.

Having to restart, and wait 5-10 minutes with customer waiting in line in your face is very bad for the business.

After maybe 6 months of this very frustrating situation, we were able to hire an IT company to reorganise our network as asked. 

It took a long time because they could only work on it in week-end and vacaction day.

They finished the job during the Covid downtime.

Every recommandation was done, they even changed all cable, the cable patch panel, the main router. 

I can tell it was the most expansive software sitch I did in my life!!!!

The coffeeshop was closed because of the Covid and we reopened two weeks ago. 

I tought that the problem was resolved but I got the same problem this afternoon!

Same thing!

And yes we did all the network verification, wifi, internet, everything was fine.

We rebooted the Lightserver, and about 10 minutes later, it was working again…

I reopened the last ticket I had with the support. 

I’m now in a deal breaker and I will be force to change for another company if I continuously have this kind of failure during operation.

It was very costly to change the system, train people, configure the menu. I had so much problem!

The system is working well, when it is working…

Am I alone in this situation?

Dany

Tags:

1 comment

• Katherine_WelfordKatherine_Welford Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 32 moderator

Hello Dany,

Thank you for reopening the ticket. We will dig into this further. We have some theories of what might be happening here because what you are experiencing is not normal.

Best regards,

Lightspeed Restaurant tech support

Lightspeed HQ

Visit our Help Center

Toll-free: 866-932-1801 | Montréal 514-907-1801

Australia: +61-2-8488-3146 | United Kingdom +44-20-3695-9599