What is the limit on number of requests for eCom API

JeroenRJeroenR Member Posts: 16
edited May 28 in Development

In the source code that I inherited the frequency of requests is paced, because there is a limit of 300 per 5 minutes, 3000 per hour and 12000 per day.

Is this limitation stil valid or is it extendable?

Tags:

15 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 342 moderator

Hi @JeroenR,

Thank you for contacting us.

Good question! We have 3 tiers in our rate limits:

1. 300 calls / 5 min - 3000 calls / 60 min - 12000 calls / 24hour (standard)
    2. 600 calls / 5 min - 7000 calls / 60 min - 65000 calls / 24hour (upsell)
    3. 1000 calls / 5 min - 12000 calls / 60 min - 65000 calls / 24hour (upsell)

Please keep in mind that, if you want a higher rate limit, we need an agreement from the shop owner. So that our sales team can charge the costs for this.

I hope this is more clear now.

• JeroenRJeroenR Member Posts: 16

I read that the PUT and POST requests count as 10 calls. Is that correct? Or is that a different point system?

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 342 moderator

Your're now mixing up two different APIs ;P

The first one is for eCom. The one you're mentioning in your last post is for Retail, but yes this is correct. This works with the leaky bucket algorithm

More info about Retail Rate Limits please visit:https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/introduction/ratelimits/

So for eCom, which I am dealing with there is no difference: GET, POST and PUT all count as one call?

Correct!

The customer requested to extend to tier 3 on May 29, and requested again several times, but the limit is still the same (in the response)

X-RateLimit-Limit: 300/3000/12000

X-RateLimit-Remaining: 299/2999/11957

X-RateLimit-Reset: 287/3287/53687

btw, what do the values in X-RateLimit-Reset exactly stand for? I understand the other two.

Hi @JeroenR,

Sorry for my late reply, I missed your last message.

The meaning of this X-RateLimit-Reset is the time at which the current rate limit window resets in UTC epoch seconds. So every 300 seconds.

I see also that the rate limits is set to the max:

Can you provide me only the key, so I can check?

Is this the key? da5983a476d11e5cc4dda10a55f2d01c

I see, I've updated it now. Can you check if this works for you now?

it is still the same.

What is the shopnumber?

I have no idea, there are two shops:

www.maximakitchenequipment.com

www.maximaholland.com

Okay I've updated this for both shops now.

It works now! Thanks.

Perfect!