Product Location

derek_wongderek_wong Member Posts: 1

Looking to create a product location in our retail and warehouse for each sku / product.

We spoke to a few technicians and none had a solution aside from " Tags" which isn't sufficient.

Any advice ? thank yoU!

4 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 166 moderator

Hey @derek_wong

Can you please extrapolate what you'd like to do with these product locations and what they'll be used for?

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• MarkyBMarkyB Member Posts: 1

This would be a great feature to have. You could assign rack, shelf, bin and overstock locations for each product. This would allow you to locate your items quickly and efficiently. Since Lightspeed doesn't provide this feature, we would have to purchase a WMS system. I know that Quickbooks Enterprise has this feature.

If the locations were displayed on picks, transfers, orders and internal transfers, it would be a massive help for a growing retail business.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 166 moderator

Hey @MarkyB ,

Thanks for clarifying it! I'll forward it to our development team for potential review!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• Jeff KellyJeff Kelly Member Posts: 1

I know this isnt fancy but this is how we did it in my store:

ITEM DESCRIPTION "00(M012) - Let Me Encourage You!" 

The M012 is the location in the warehouse this has worked great for us so far