Creating an account for a non paying customer

RockoRocko Member Posts: 5

Hi,

I just wanted to know what the best way to go about doing this would be? I have a customer who is also a company we do marketing for, and sometime we give him some product as payment for the marketing he does for us. But he comes into our store and picks out what he wants. Currently I just added a credit limit to hi account on Lightspeed and he uses that. But at some point i have to somehow pay for those invoices or keep increasing his credit limit and the invoices always stay unpaid. How do I pay down his used balance without actually paying it? Or.....is there a better way to do this. I don't really want to leave it in my staffs hands to just invoice him and discount the entire thing because I need to make sure he only uses a certain amount and doesn't just have unlimited credit.

4 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 166 moderator

Hey @Rocko ,

For this I'd suggest you create a payment type that will be specific to this user.

You can do so by going into the Payment Type settings and creating a new payment type. If you don't want this easily accessible to your staff, feel free to archive it and unarchive it when you'll be paying off items for this customer.

In this case, you'll be given 2 options, either use the credit account and do a payment on the credit account with this custom payment type to state that this person was paid for their services via these items, and moving forward, you can use this payment type to pay for all the items he purchases.

Since the payment type will be unassociated to the regular cash and check transactions, it can be easily picked out of a lineup of sales using the payment received report in the software.

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• RockoRocko Member Posts: 5

Awesome thanks for the help

• mollyomollyo Member Posts: 1

We just created a discount that was equal to 100% for a similar situation.

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 101 ✭

I think I followed this:

or some close version of it. It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it helped my case of doing something similar.