Is there a way to enable wildcards in the inventory search as well as including additional fields?

bfguthriebfguthrie Member Posts: 2
edited June 17 in General

---- Okay, I must admit I thought I had tried the "%" but apparently I did not. It works. So I just need to know if we can expand the search to span multiple fields or even better allow us to choose the fields in the advanced options.

We are a tool/hardware store with >15,000 SKUs working on loading our products for a go-live at the beginning of July. We've spent almost 4 months loading information into Lightspeed and are now almost done. We need to be able to search inventory using more abstract values and it is VERY frustrating that Lightspeed seems to ignore the standard wildcards of "%" or "*". Is there a way to enable this?

Additionally we need this search to span multiple fields, not just the description. Is this also possible?

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

1 comment

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 166 moderator

Hey @bfguthrie ,

Currently the use of special characters can cause breaks in the search tool we offer. You could always consider removing those special characters or use tags without those special characters to help you categorize your products and make them more easily searchable!

For more specifics about this, feel free to give our support team a call, they'll be able to help you understand how the tags operate.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)