Custom menu in customers' tab

jocallierjocallier Member Posts: 2

Hi !

I saw in the documentation that we can only add custom menu in 4 sales pages and work order but I would like to have a custom button in the customer page. Is it possible through another method? Maybe through the API ?

The type of button wanted is an 'open web page' button.

Thanks

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 133 moderator

Hey @jocallier ,

I think API would be your best bet since, natively, we only off the custom menu in sales-type screens.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• jocallierjocallier Member Posts: 2

Thanks @VanessaD for your reply.

I have checked the API but haven't found a method to add custom menus in the interface. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place.

The only reference to custom buttons I found is this one : https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/tutorials/custombutton/

is there any other reference I should look at?

Thanks

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 133 moderator

Hey @jocallier ,

I've consulted our API team and they advised me that with the use of a chrome extension, you could potentially make those buttons appear as they won't with any other API related program since it's not native to the retail app.

They also mentioned that should you want to create a chrome extension, it's not officially supported by our team, meaning that if the code changes on the base coding of the website and causes breakages on the chrome app that was built, we cannot assist in fixing it, nor setting it up in the first place.

Hope this sheds some clarity on the situation!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)