Custom payment integration

gmarchildongmarchildon Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm working on a custom integration inside of Retail POS. Currently, I have added a button in "Register: Sale Tab" that open a webpage.

That webpage do some stuff in our system and then send an API request to update the Sale and add a payment. I have created a new Payment Types to identify that payment.

Everything works, but I'm trying to make it better by doing either of these option:

1- Move the button from "Register: Sale Tab" to the Payment form (where you can specify cash, credit card, etc. payments)

2- Update the text field of the Payment Type inside the Payment form to reflect the payment I added. Currently, the balance is at 0, but the text field of my Payment Type is at 0, which could be confusing to the employee.

3- Remove the text field of my new Payment Type inside the Payment form.

Are any of these option possible?

Thank you

Tags:

1 comment

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 493 moderator

Hi @gmarchildon,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Everything works, but I'm trying to make it better by doing either of these option:

1- Move the button from "Register: Sale Tab" to the Payment form (where you can specify cash, credit card, etc. payments) Unfortunately this is not possible. Maybe you can try something with Javascript in our webversion of Lightspeed for iPad this isn't possible.

2- Update the text field of the Payment Type inside the Payment form to reflect the payment I added. Currently, the balance is at 0, but the text field of my Payment Type is at 0, which could be confusing to the employee. You only can add the payment type with the Text you want, but much more isn't possible. This is my payment in the setting:

and this is how it looks like in payment form:

3- Remove the text field of my new Payment Type inside the Payment form. Go to Setting -> Payment Types to change the text. Use a space to leave it blank

I hope this helps.