Labels at Checkout Sections Became Whitespaced

MalipetekMalipetek Member Posts: 5
edited July 9 in General

Hello,

I have noticed there has been a change in html strings being served to update sections at checkout.

Specifically label texts of shipment methods has a some white space when updating after initial page load.

There is no problem in functionality.

I checked the Lightspeed eCom Changelogs but they are not very detailed. Can you confirm there has been a change recently?

Below are 2 pictures showing what I mean.

Tags:

2 comments

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 257 moderator

Hi @Malipetek, recently some changes haven been made to the checkout pages, this to improve ADA Compliance. Can you provide a screenshot of the HTML side of the inspected element so we can have a closer look?

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • MalipetekMalipetek Member Posts: 5

Hi Joey,

When details section is filled and a POST request is sent to /checkout/onestep/details/

Response has json data and in there content that replaces sections innerHTMl later to update view.

Here below I checked response from devtools at network tab clicking on response and navigating to "Response" tab.

And below I saved the response json object as global variable and outputted response.content.shipment string to the console.

I noticed this from my script that receives the html string and parses with documentFragment and checks innerText of some labels.

I was assuming for example "Delivery" would be at the end of the string and noticed Regexps that use "^" and "$" started to fail.