Custom Reports for Sales Incentives - Calculate Commissions by Product Type

TimJRTimJR Member Posts: 1
edited July 29 in Reporting & Analytics

Good morning,

I hope everyone is staying safe during these troubled times.

Today, I have a relatively complex question regarding the calculation of commissions.

Here's the challenge: I am organizing a sales incentive program lasting 3 months to push the sales of certain products. Each employee gets a commission based on what he/she sells during this time frame. I need to calculate who earns what on a monthly basis.

So far so good.

Here's where it gets complex: the commission rates vary based on what type of product is sold.

Here is an example of the possible commission rates:

-> 2% commission on the sale of a "Name A 50ml Eau de Toilette" perfume from Brand A

-> 3% commission on the sale of a "Name A 100ml Eau de Toilette" perfume from Brand A

-> 2.5% commission on the sale of a "Name B 50ml Eau de Parfum" perfume from Brand B

-> 3.5% commission on the sale of a "Name B 100ml Eau de Parfum" perfume from Brand B

How can analytics calculate the commission rates paid out to each sales person each month?

In the retail POS, the products are categorized as follows:

-> Item description: "Name A 50ml Eau de Toilette"

-> Brand: Brand A or Brand B

-> Categories: Fragrance/Woman/Eau de Toilette or Fragrance/Man/Eau de Parfum, etc

-> Tags: Fragrance, Woman, Eau de Toilette, 50ml, Name A or Name B

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Hopefully, the brilliant Lightspeed Community can help me generate this wonderful report that would help my store increase sales and efficiency.

Stay safe everyone 😀

Post edited by TimJR on