Update Product with Omnichannel

JanneDeVosJanneDeVos Member Posts: 19

Hi all,

I'm trying to update some fields like fulltitle, description and content with the eCom API. I have read something about not being able to update products when using Omnichannel. Is this true? Isn't it possible to update those fields?

4 comments

• LeahLeah Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 189 moderator

Hi @JanneDeVos You're correct, anything having to do with products has write permissions disabled. See this article for a list of Omnichannel restrictions: https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/ecom/introduction/omnichannel/

API Support
    Lightspeed HQ
  • JanneDeVosJanneDeVos Member Posts: 19

Hi @Leah ,

Just to be sure. Lightspeed doesn't offer any possibility to change fields like fulltitle, description and content with the api?

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 101 ✭

You actually can, but you write them to the Retail (not eCom) API before you mark an item eligible for eCom.

The Item must NOT have the publish to eCom checked. If so, you have to uncheck it. If the item is already on eCom this does nothing.

You post to the Retail Item endpoint with data like this:

data = {"publishToEcom": True,

"ItemECommerce":{

"shortDescription":item_description,

"longDescription": item_content,

"weight": 48        

}

}

See the Item endpoint doc and look at the ItemECommerce relation fields.

It is not optimal and very limited. It is something that I would really hope @Lightspeed addresses because it punishes people who invest in both products.

• JanneDeVosJanneDeVos Member Posts: 19

Hi @VintageWineGuy,

Thank you for your response. I will try this methode. Not optimal indeed, but maybe some kind of solution.

I'm working for a shop with 4 eCom languages. The shop working on Omnichannel receives multiple products each day. It takes a lot of time to fill in all those fields, and the fields should be able to be automatically pushed by the API.

The limitations only displays that Lightspeed Omnichannel isn't ready for customers in this scale. In other words, if you make the Lightspeed Retail / Lightspeed Ecom connection yourself this wouldn't be a problem.