'The client id supplied is invalid' error

placiuplaciu Member Posts: 7

Hi!

I'm getting "invalid_client" error as response from Your API

1. I've created trial account

2. Registered client at https://cloud.lightspeedapp.com/oauth/register.php

3. Waited over 3 days

4. While trying to get API token & refresh token I'm getting this response

// https://us.lightspeedapp.com/oauth/authorize.php?response_type=code&client_id=<client_id>&scope=employee:inventory

{

"error": "invalid_client",

"error_description": "The client id supplied is invalid"

}

Why is that?

12 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 351 moderator

Hi @placiu,

Thank you for contacting us.

This message means that you've put in the wrong clientID. When registering you've got a clientID, you need to put this in the parameter like we're mentioning on our documentation page https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/retail/authentication/access-token/

I hope this helps.

• placiuplaciu Member Posts: 7

I've put the correct one and still getting the error. It was working with different trial account. After creating a new one and registering new client it doesn't.

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 351 moderator

Hi @placiu,

I saw that you've sending a ticket as well. There you're providing the clientID(eac593b....), which doesn't work. This because you've requested this clientID with incorrect name and email. We don't approve clientIDs that are requested with emails like [email protected], like in your case.

On July 16 and July 8 you've requested already two clientIDs starting with 4f4efd9 and 32fde25. So please check in your mailbox because there both approved.

I saw that you've sending a ticket as well

yes, and I received email with message that this ticket is closed.

This because you've requested this clientID with incorrect name and email

I didn't see any messages or errors during saving?

Anyway, I've updated name & email, could You check on that?

Please use the clientID's that are approved.

On July 16 and July 8 you've requested already two clientIDs starting with 4f4efd9 and 32fde25. So please check in your mailbox because there both approved.

They were approved under [email protected] email so... and I don't have them anymore. Could You please approve this eac593b...?

edited August 6

That isn't true, you've requested them with [email protected]

In that case I didn't receive any email around 16 and 8 of July about that.

Is there any limit for client ID's per email/person? Because I've requested client id, updated with proper contact info, ASK for approval and still cannot use Your api.

Yes there are limits, first you need a good reason why you need more than 2 clientIDs, I can imagine that you need 1 for DEV and 1 for PROD, if so please put this in the name of the application.

The best thing you can do now is to register a new clientID, so I can approve it right away. Please save all details at a save place.

I hope this helps.

Okey, new clientID registered (9cc65...)

Ok perfect! I replied.

Great! Thank You!