B2B Customers with different billing and shipping addresses

bfguthriebfguthrie Member Posts: 2

I perform about 75% of my business with other businesses. Many of those businesses have a centralized billing department but multiple locations and sites. Those sites are important to my customer so they know which cost center to apply the expense to.

What is the best way to set this up? I am looking to deploy Lightspeed in a week (Aug 17th) and don't know how best to deal with this. So any support or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brandon

Tags:

3 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 179 moderator

Hi @bfguthrie ,

You could always create multiple "customers" with each site location in its name.

You could always call-in to support as well and we can try to assist you since this is specific to your business model! We're open 24/7!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• PortsideGenePortsideGene Member Posts: 1

I’m having a similar situation. Where I work with a lot of Interior designers. A designer will have multiple projects for multiple clients, or projects. Keeping orders separate for each projects is very important for billing and for organizing deliveries.

I am having trouble figuring out how to organize these types of orders. And have a nice clean easy way to have the designers customer name and ship, showing clearly on each order.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 179 moderator

Hi @PortsideGene ,

In this case, you could consider treating each project as a new customer, where the first name in the customer name is the name of the designer and the last name field is the project/customer name.

This will allow you to have the ship info per project rather than all stuffed into 1 customer profile.

You could also create a text custom field in each customer profile and use it as a kind of notepad where you input the various project names associated to what PO's, work orders, etc, but the customer profile will still only have 1 valid shipping information at once.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)