The same product comes in two different ways (within the JSON) for two different receipts

rodfpangearodfpangea Member Posts: 8
edited August 2020 in Development

Hey guys,

The question we have relates to how receipts are getting populated in the API. We have two receipts that output the JSON order differently (for the same product). We use these line items to create our own receipt to the guest. Our receipt will appear different for both when they purchased the same product.

We are hoping that someone revisits the script to make sure they are sent the same way. 

Thanks very much.

4 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 881 moderator

Hi @rodfpangea,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Like you're saying you're creating a custom(own) receipt in the PMS, so it looks like the PMS has a mapping issue. Lightspeed data is very straight forward and will not put in a different order by itself.

Please contact your PMS they need to take a look at it.

• rodfpangearodfpangea Member Posts: 8

Hi LucienVersendaal,

Thanks. However, Lightspeed did and does indeed send our PMS (custom solution) different JSON results (a different order of line items) for the same product. Can you contact me directly through my email and we can sort this out?

Rod

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 881 moderator

Hi @rodfpangea,

I will send you a ticket.

• rodfpangearodfpangea Member Posts: 8

Hi Lucien,

Please follow-up with this ticket; I haven't heard back about this.

Best.