Rate limit on /financial/receipt

paywithbouncepaywithbounce Member Posts: 7

We're using the receipts endpoint to get a list of INPROGRESS items for table (we filter out the list by floorId and tableId)

We're frequently getting 429 errors (rate limit is exceeded). What is the rate limit for this endpoint? Can we get this limit increased?

We don't expect to query this endpoint thousands of times per day, but we need to be able to hit it in occasional bursts (of at least ~10 times in a minute), maybe ~100 times per linked account, per day

4 comments

• paywithbouncepaywithbounce Member Posts: 7

I can create a cache on our system's backend to store the results of this endpoint for a few minutes before hitting it again, but it would be helpful to know what the rate limit is so I can design around that

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 878 moderator

Hi @paywithbounce,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As you indicated, it is necessary to build in a buffer so that our rate limits can be respected, below you'll find the details about our rate limits.

I hope this helps.

• paywithbouncepaywithbounce Member Posts: 7

Thank you @LucienVersendaal

For clarification, are these rate limits applied per partner account? Or per POS integration?

For example, if we have 5 customers, is it okay for our system to hit the financial endpoint up to 25 times per second?

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 878 moderator

Hi @paywithbounce,

The rate limits are applied per endpoint, per partner, per account.