Applying discount to PO after adding to inventory

gareth_egareth_e Member Posts: 30

Hello,

We have ran in to a bit of an issue with discounting our PO's after they have already been received.

At the moment, many of our vendors send invoices with final prices and discounts after we have already received shipments and added the product to our inventory.

We have not been able to figure out a way to apply a discount to the landed cost of the items received after the fact, unless you manually go through every single product and variant and individually re-enter the cost price for everything. The problem with this is that it is incredibly time consuming and costly when you have to do this for a purchase order that comes in the shape and size of 14 shipping pallets of product in a fedex semi truck...

If anyone has a recommendation for a work-around to this situation to save a considerable amount of time, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if there is a way to download the .csv for the PO and then calculate in bulk in excel and then re-upload to do a landed cost adjustment or something like that... Or if there is a better way.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gareth

2 comments

• b_zb_z Member Posts: 4

I am struggling with the exact same thing. I have been trained to not receive any product until invoice arrives. Some vendors this is a major problem as they wont send their invoice until the complete order ships. The biggest problem is I have so far is I sell my inventory into the negative. This leaves a lot of room for errors, lots of errors.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hi @gareth_e and @b_z

Thank you for the feedback! I've noted it down in our enhancement request list. There's no alternative solution for the time being but we will be looking into it for future releases.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)