Adding The Sale Price Instead of % discount

AFahmeAFahme Member Posts: 1

its time consuming and the % discount is off a lot by pennies. I need to Be able to add the subtotal Price after discount and the % discount to come up automatically. Not the other way around. Example: if the price of an item is $500 and the sale price is $259, I don’t want to have to add the % discount. Instead add the sale price and the % pops up. This is a need for my store.

3 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

Hi @AFahme ,

If you'd like to be done on an automated basis in Retail, you can create a Price Rule, which allows you to add items, either individually, or by category, and then set the dates you wish to have this promotion eligible for, then the discount percentage.

This will allow you to set :

• Pre-determined periods of time
    • Include specific categories or items
    • Discount your whole store if you want to 

Etc. 

To do this, you will go to the following: 

Inventory > Price Rules > +New Price Rule 

Be aware that if an inventory item belongs to two active price rules, Lightspeed will automatically take the best deal for your customers.

For more information on Price Rules, you can always consult the Creating a Price Rule page on our Support Website!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• pmjpmj Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2020

I also support AFahme suggestion. When working with a customer, an item maybe on display for $250 and if I want to close the sale by offering item for $225 inclusive of taxes, I would also like an easy way of ringing up the sale without having to play around with discounts percentages or amounts. I’ve seen this feature before in POS systems that show each line item expanded to show the individual price and taxes for the individual line on the POS screen. The item price and the final after tax price for the line are editable and would calculate each other when the sales staff either change the before tax or after tax price. There was also a discount amt and % field for each line.

The customer’s receipt just showed the regular and adjusted price. For each line. The taxes were summarized.

It was a old Windows based software so it should be easy to design using current technology!

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 760 moderator

Thanks for your feedback, @pmj !

It's noted!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)