Prioritize Vendor in Inventory Consumption

raphaelraphael Member Posts: 18

Let's say you have a product X, which his inventory total is based on multiple vendors inventory.

Right now, it's impossible to prioritize the order of inventory consumption on a transaction (Sale). It's FIFO or nothing.

Chances are that there are not a lot of people that use this interface... well, sure thing... if FIFO does not suit's you, it's not working for you.

For our needs, we would like to have a vendor prioritize, meaning that if this vendor has available inventory. No matter when the inventory was added, transaction should automatically pick inventory in this vendor.  A better solution would be able to order the vendor as we want, from 0 to X.

The "Defaut vendor" in the item does not do the tricks.

The number in Vendor IDS interface neither.

API does not show any information on vendor inventory.

API does not show any information on inventory vendor consumption.

We are in a situation where there is nothing we can do to go ahead with LightSpeed, but so close.

Thank you

6 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 179 moderator

Hey @raphael ,

Thank you for this information, I've submitted it into the list of customer-requested feature enhancements.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• raphaelraphael Member Posts: 18

@VanessaD ,

is there any place we can follow the request?

Thanks

• AzTAzT Member Posts: 27

This is very interesting and I'm curious what is causing you to want to do this?

• raphaelraphael Member Posts: 18

@AzT

Scenario:

• ecom linked to retail.
    • retail have two inventories, the first one on hand and the second at the supplier warehouse.
    • We want to use our inventory before the supplier inventory.
    • When we don't have inventory in hand then we would go with our drop shipping process.

• AzTAzT Member Posts: 27

So there is one way of doing this but it that would not help for eCom but would in retail. It's a little complicated but if you want you can message me through the forum (click my name and then "message") and I can try to explain it.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 179 moderator

Thank you all for your additional details and suggestions! I'll forward them.

Normally we're not made aware of when new functions come into place in the software until they're all but already live for customers for security reasons.

Thank you for your ongoing patience!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)