What endpoint to use to retrieve abandoned shopping carts?

erikgrufmanerikgrufman Member Posts: 2

Hi there,

The question might be really simple, but what endpoint should I approach in orde to retrieve the abandoned shopping carts? Is this quotes or checkout?

Look forward hearing from you!

Answers

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 663 

Looking in the Ecom API documentation I didn't see this functionality. Perhaps it's part of the available webhooks?

Then again, looking at those I don't see a home run. Although there are app plug-ins that handle abandoned carts so the logic has to be somewhere.

• erikgrufmanerikgrufman Member Posts: 2

The guest or the user has made a shopping cart, so it has to be somewhere indeed ;-) The question is just what endpoint to approach. I think it's one of those two I mentioned.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 663 

If the Ecom documentation is current and comprehensive then you will find the answer there --> https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/ecom/introduction/introduction/.

• llamatechllamatech Member Posts: 3

I know this thread has sat undisturbed for a few months, but since I am in the process of developing abandoned cart detection/reporting for my shop, I thought I would share my findings.

1. No pre-canned API endpoint exists for abandoned carts
    2. No mention of "cart" exists in the LightSpeed API
    3. Several methods/tactics exist to detect abandoned carts
    4. Because of #3, I would not expect an abandoned cart endpoint from LightSpeed in the future

I am creating a process that leverages existing endpoints and uses filter options to identify carts that have had no activity within a certain amount of time since their creation. I'll happily share my work with anybody interested, as I have no interest in monetizing this work.

According to my research, it is definitely possible to leverage webhooks to push data into an external system such that abandoned cart detection would be possible; I see no advantage in that, so my process will operate "on-demand".

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 707 moderator

Hi @llamatech,

Thank you for contacting us.

For all your questions above please take a look at https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/ecom/endpoints/checkout/