Lightspeed needs to be able to link up with Electronic Tax Signature Devices

NISHNISH Member Posts: 1

Hi

So here in Kenya, we have a tax issue. Each sale must be accompanied by an electronic tax receipt (ETR), which is generated by a tax register. Effectively we have to do 2 things: finalise the sale in Lightspeed, then enter the total into the tax device. This duplication of work is a headache. What other POSes here do (eg Micros) is integration with receipt printers which are known as Electronic Signature Devices. This is a printer authorised by the Revenue Authority, which talks to the POS and when the order is finalised in the POS, the final receipt carries a tax signature

Seeing as 99% of POS's here in Kenya are non-iOS systems, the fact that they link to these ESDs is a major efficiency factor. The way we are forced to do it is prine to human error, eg you can accidentally enter an amount with several zero's into the tax register.... leading to a huge tax bill

So the question is: Lightspeed now need to consider this issue as a serious issue (I have been requesting it for years) and figure out a way to "talk" to the major ESD device manufacturers. It is a serious hindrance to adoption of Lightspeed in this country, and am sure other countries. We might be tiny markets for Lightspeed but I dont think this is a very difficult issue for the developers to solve

Tags:

1 comment

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 406 moderator

Hi @NISH,

Thank you for contacting us.

I spoke with the product team about this, and they were saying that there are no plans to implement support of these specific printers. But there is likely a solution that can be built using the API. We've seen some other customers do this, where they simply poll the API for finalized receipts every 1-2 seconds and then print them.

I hope this helps.