How can I make product images static? I want to disable the mouseover effect showing second image

dwelldwell Member Posts: 5

Hi,

Can someone help me with the CSS to stop product images from transitioning to a second image when i pass my cursor over them? I find them really annoying. I have asked the developer for assistance in the past (Dyvelopment FYI) but they're not very helpful unless you want to fork out hundreds of dollars for basic changes. I'm self-taught as far as coding goes so i can usually figure these things out myself but this one has me stumped.

The theme i'm using is Nova. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

5 comments

• AzTAzT Member Posts: 35

If this feature can be easily disabled in that theme you should be able to find it in Theme Settings ---> Pages ---> Product Listing

• dwelldwell Member Posts: 5

Hi AzT, thanks for your reply but, no, there doesn't appear to be an easy way to just turn it off in the settings. I'm hoping someone might have css code to switch it off?

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 7 moderator

Hi @dwell ,

To disable this feature, you can paste the following CSS rule under Design -- Advanced -- Customize CSS:

img.img-responsive {

display: none!important;

}

Have a great day!

Geanny

That's perfect! Thanks so much Geanny, thats been driving me crazy for such a long time!

Damn... I've just noticed that the product images no longer load in the product detail pages... When I remove the code, the images come back so the problem is directly related to that.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? I REALLY want the images in the product grid to be static because often the second image displays weirdly and for customers using Chrome browsers the images often get stuck and don't return to the default image. It's also VERY slow to respond.

The website is https://dwell.shoplightspeed.com/living/all-living/

I've attached screenshots below.

Thanks!

Mark