No support once signed up

thislittlegallerythislittlegallery Member Posts: 2

Anyone else have issues with not getting support once you've signed the contract?

I have been weeks back and forth over emails and phone calls trying to get specifics about hardware, specifically computers. I have gotten vague and non committal responses (which are not quick) and becasue of the inaccurate info have purchase hardware that is not sufficient. Now i have waited 2 days with no reply to purchase hardware directly.

I wish I could cancel my subscription.

1 comment

• HeatherHeather Administrator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 96 moderator

Hi @thislittlegallery,

Sorry that we haven't been able to resolve your issue. Let me try to help!

Any standard computer should be fine since you'll access Lightspeed through a standard web browser (Chrome or Firefox). Lightspeed is a cloud-based system, which means you can access your system from any supported device and your data isn't stored locally; it's stored in the cloud, not on your laptop's hard drive. You'll just need a computer that supports the latest operating system required to run Lightspeed, but again, any standard new computer should do that. If you're buying a used computer, make sure it's one that it's compatible with the latest operating systems used by Lightspeed.

Click here to check out browser and operating system compatibility, as well as other hardware compatibility (scanners, printers, etc).

We recommend that customers consult with an IT professional before buying a laptop if your business has specific needs that may require you to have a certain model. For example, maybe you plan to use other software for your business that might take up a lot of space, in which case you'd want to consider a computer with a certain amount of storage.

I hope this helps!

Lightspeed