Inventory on Retail Not Updating on Ecom

soleil_ClimbOnsoleil_ClimbOn Member Posts: 3

Resyncing does not work.

BIG Issue:

1. In-store, check in/receive products on Purchase Orders.
  2. Retail Inventory of item is correct.
  3. Ecom inventory doesn't match what we was just received on Retail.

Every time we are CHECKING/RECEIVING a product in the store, IT DOES NOT UPDATE THE STOCK LEVEL WE HAVE IN ECOM. Users shopping online do not see the item on our Ecom store. Big miss in selling to them.

We constantly ask for a shop "resync" (which does not work). We are manually having to hit the Save Button (on a product on Retail) to fix the inventory level on Ecom.

We cannot be constantly doing this as we have over 9000 products that we Receive in Purchase Orders.

Manual fix:

• Go to Product on Retail and manually click SAVE.

12 comments

• PupcakesPupcakes Member Posts: 1

YEah I have been dealign with this since the middle of last summer. They say they are working on a new inventory system. But in the middle of this pandemic where a good amount of our sales are from our Online Store it is rather silly they are doing it now. Some times the resin they do works. But it is a hassle. I don't know why they can't do a Chron job to automatically sync inventory overnight at least until they get teh inventory scheme fixed.

• PoshPPoshP Member Posts: 1

We are currently experiencing the same thing. The delays posting and the inventory showing as 0 on ecom yet in stock on retail. FIX IT LIGHTSPEED! Saving the item again in retail is not updating the stock in ecom.

• GeannyGeanny Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 113 moderator

Hi @PoshP ,

We were having issues yesterday but these have been resolved.

I recommend you to subscribe to our status page so that you can receive an email notification for future incidents:

Geanny

• schroedersgiftsschroedersgifts Member Posts: 4

We have a very small store & have run into this same issue where we have zero of an item & it still allows someone to order the item, which doesn't exist. For a small store this is a BIG problem. I also have all of my online items set to show only when in inventory so I am baffled & very annoyed when this happens. One more disappointed customer :(

• JamesSBBJamesSBB Member Posts: 12
    edited June 5

The overselling was an issue in OnSite that started last year (I think). I was assuming it was going to be resolved with the transition to Retail - I guess not!

• ClimbOnClimbOn Member Posts: 1

We are experiencing the exact same thing since March 2020. (15 Months now) Has anyone considered switching to a different POS/Ecom provider? If so who?

• rebeccacooprebeccacoop Member Posts: 2

We are experiencing the same problem. On the retail side it is showing the correct QOH but when we look on the website it still says out of stock.

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 277 moderator

We have just released a number of fixes to the inventory sync between Retail and eCom. If you are still experiencing any issues please reach out to eCom Support.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • PastryDepotPastryDepot Member Posts: 2

I am still having issues with inventory levels between Retail and eCom. They have also removed the ability to manually resync a single product with the "SAVE" button.

My issue typically occurs when an order is cancelled in eCom.

This cancellation may be due to an awaiting payment or whatever the reason. eCom temporally holds the quantity when the order is placed; while in the "awaiting payment" stage someone else buys the same product (eCom or Retail), or an inventory change occurs (breaking down a box or checking in a PO)

The inventory is then resynced from Retail to eCom. Then when you go to cancel the eCom order it adds that quantity back to your eCom inventory.

I am also having multiple issues with cancelled/refunded orders not sending the transaction back to Retail for accounting purposes.

• shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 42

Hey everyone, Lightspeed did implement a fix for this, but.....in typical Lightspeed fashion, it was only for new eCom customers.

I have continually had this issue and contacted support for it again last week. I was told that the "fix" was for new accounts and that existing accounts needed to ask for it to be implemented....WHAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

So, I "asked" for the fix to be updated to my account, it was, and the sync seems to be working properly now. So I suggest you contact support and ask them to implement the fix for your existing account, because it won't happen otherwise 🤯

Wow, I can't believe existing accounts have to do this 🤯 🤯 🤯

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 277 moderator

Hi @shoehn

This is not 100% correct, the fixes/changes are applied on a platform level and thus for all shops. However, there might have been an instance that the inventory did not sync correctly and thus a resync would be needed. The resync would be a one-time action to get everything aligned, but only in very specific cases. My apologies if the wrong information was provided.

@PastryDepot When you cancel an awaiting payment order and you see the inventory inflated in eCom, it will actually not allow a shopper to buy it. This is a visual issue that we are aware of.

We are looking into these issues.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • shoehnshoehn Member Posts: 42

@Joey thanks for the clarification, I was just going off what I had been told. Hopefully the issues in the thread will be fixed soon.

Cheers