Integration and test API

chrismaakyochrismaakyo Member Posts: 5
edited November 2020 in Development

Hi, 

I am trying to find out how to get my acces_token while following this doc:

https://ikentoo.github.io/apiDocs/oauth/

I have 2 questions:

• where do I find my client_id
  • what am I supposed to put as a redirect_url ? Not sure to understand this part. Is that my commercial website maakyo.com or my admin backend URL ?
  • Also how can I extend my trial period to make sure i have enough time to play around with it?

Thanks, 

Have a nice day, 

Post edited by Yorick on

5 comments

• mathydemathyde Member Posts: 1

Did you get anywhere with this? I have a similar issue. I found the Lightspeed Authentication request page but am unsure if it's the same for the ikentoo side?

• LucaLuca Member Posts: 2

Hi

did you solve it? we have a clientID and secret but we do not know how to setup a redirect URI... can you please provide some more info?

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 599 

If this works similar to the Retail API OAuth process, then the redirect URL will up with an authorization code in the address bar as a query parameter. This is the code you will use to request an access token. If you are the one actually going through the OAuth process, then you can just set the redirect URL to localhost. That way the pop-up will display and you can grab the authorization code.

• LucaLuca Member Posts: 2

Hi Gregarican

thank you for your reply. Do you know if these API support a server-to-server interaction? can I pass username and password in the oauth process, without going through the popup to grab the access token for a specific consumer?

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 599 

If you control the other server then you can handle the OAuth process in regard to grabbing the auth code. You can field the request, parse the query parameters being sent, and use that auth code value in order to request a token.

If you are talking about a service operated by a third-party API service provider, then you could build a middleware service that handles this. It could be as simple as spinning up a small web service on Azure, AWS, etc. that can do the job.