Modify the costumer facing display

pieterjanvcpieterjanvc Member Posts: 5
edited December 2020 in Hardware

Hello,

Is there a way to use the API (or lightspeed retail vanilla) to edit what goes on the costumer facing display (CFD)? I'd like to add some buttons to it where the customer can send the receipt by email (and fill out email if needed). I've also been thinking about having the customer input their phone number to attach them to a sale so we wouldn't have to search them manually.

I can't find any information on the CFD in the API or retail documentation.

Thanks!

PJ

Post edited by pieterjanvc on

4 comments

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 120 ✭

Sign up for Loyalty and add their own email would also be awesome. Have to add that to my Lightspeed Christmas present list.

• chadstathamchadstatham Member Posts: 10

That's how Square works, customer Check-In with phone number. They love it. How does the LS Loyalty programs work?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @chadstatham ,

You can learn some info on how Loyalty operates by consulting the About LSLoyalty.

Otherwise, the program essentially works through signing up customers using their phone numbers by sending them an SMS. From there it's the customer's decision to sign up for it and when they do, they have the option to input their email.

To check-in customers, they need to be at the store purchasing something and added to the sale. The points accumulated will then be associated to their profile automatically.

To redeem points, add the customer to the sale, add the items they wish to purchase and click the Loyalty button. This will open their profile and provide the list of eligible offers they can exchange that you've created in the back-end portal prior.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• pieterjanvcpieterjanvc Member Posts: 5

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. These other programs all seem great, but my original question hasn't been answered yet. Is there a way for me to add a button to the CFD to open my custom web application that interacts with the API?

PJ