Products on ecom Shown IF in stock. Problem with feeds.

bentscbentsc Member Posts: 26

Hello, we are tying custom feeds into google merchant service. Here is the problem scenario --

We have OmniChannel, so B&M is in play.

• We upload a feed to GMS - includes link to LSPD product page
  • Last product sells in store. QTY becomes 0.
  • Products are set to 'Show if in stock' on ecom site.
  • If Google looks for product page, it is now 404 because it is no longer in stock

is it possible to list all products, regardless of whether or not they are showing on the ecom side due to stock, in a feed. we can customize it from there on out.

thanks for any advice.

2 comments

• JoeyJoey Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 277 moderator

Hi @bentsc

It is not possible to include hidden products in the feeds. Most applications like Google and Facebook shopping show your product and link to your webshop to complete the purchase. Google (and most applications using feeds) require a URL to the product and thus showing hidden products would not make sense.

If you want to show all products in your feed you will need to change them "Always Visible". If you don't want to clutter your shop you might be able to create a category "Discontinued" and place out of stock products within this category.

Hope this helps.

eCom Support Team
    Lightspeed HQ
  • bentscbentsc Member Posts: 26

true, i understand the redundancy but it'd be a custom feed, tweaked and uploaded manually. we would use the data to identify which items to delete off of GMS.

perhaps i just set everything to show, then in the theme files, skip a product from being listed if it's out of stock. if i recall correctly though, this causes an issue with the pagination.

thanks.