Help! My clients receive 4-16 automated email notifications

MixEdithMixEdith Member Posts: 19

My clients are spammed with e-mail notifications with their track and trace code.

Lightspeed says they are triggered by an external API.

I think this API is sent by Buckles but I am not sure.

What should the change in the API to avoid all these automated e-mail notifications instead of just one notification?

Thank you, Edith de Roy, MixMamas

5 comments

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 940 moderator

Hi @MixEdith,

Thank you for contacting us.

I just replied on your other post, but I will do it here as well.

So what I was saying in the other post, maybe one of your third party developers(fulfilment?) are doing this call with API. In your other post you're sending a piece of code. Please use the following code.

PUT /shipments/{shipment_id}.json
    {
      "shipment": {
        "status": "shipped",
        "trackingCode": "3SFROMAPI1234",
        "doNotifyShipped": false, <<-- Order Shipped email notification
        "doNotifyTrackingCode": false <<-- Order tracking number email notification
      }
    }

When turning this to false the email notification will not be sent.

• MixEdithMixEdith Member Posts: 19

this is tricky.

I do not want no notifications but I just want one notification.

So this seems no solution for that?

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 940 moderator

Hi @MixEdith,

If you want only one notification your third party developer needs to send only one update to the shipment. I would suggest contacting them what they are exactly doing.

• MixEdithMixEdith Member Posts: 19

And where is the documentation about how exactly doing this right? (sending only one e-mail notification with track and trace code)

Hi @MixEdith,

If I'm correct your developer has our documentation already, but you can find it here: https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/ecom/endpoints/shipment/#put-update-a-shipment