New to Lightspeed - Bulk Edit/delete inventory items

AnnikaAnnika Member Posts: 6

I just imported my inventory items (with no Quantity on Hand) from another POS, in looking over my inventory in Lightspeed I noticed that the Desired Inventory Level did not import correctly. I have 9,000 items.

First question, can I re-import with the corrected values?

Second question, is there a way to delete inventory items in Lightspeed?

Third question, is there a way to export items from Lightspeed, change field values in a spreadsheet and then import them back into Lightspeed?

Thanks in advance.

Don

5 comments

• llamatechllamatech Member Posts: 4

Answering as a customer of LightSpeed:

1. Yes - it looks like you would apply your import values to Shop Reorder Point.
    2. Yes, but it's not a one-step process. Per LightSpeed Support: Create an item called "merge to delete". Archive that item. When you want to delete real items, archive them (this prevents them from showing up anywhere, but they still count against your inventory item limits in the system). At whatever point you choose, bring up all archived items, and merge your archived items into the "merge to delete" item ... then your archived items are truly gone.
    3. Absolutely, I do this frequently to avoid a lot of manual adjustments.

I'm more than happy to help if you want to reach out - I'm a data person, and we recently moved around 5000 items from our old POS to LightSpeed.

This community site hasn't been friendly to pasting links, but I can always email some good support articles to you.

[email protected]

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @Annika ,

@llamatech is right on most things, but I did want to input a quick note. You cannot officially delete items out of retail but you can archive them or merge them into other items.

You're also able to import changes to your spreadsheet, however you will not be able to import the quantity on hand after the item is created in the software.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• pfbuckpfbuck Member Posts: 1

This is incredibly unhelpful. I have about 650+ line items that I imported accidentally and do not actually have on hand. I need to zero out the quantity on hand for each of them manually, individually??!??!

• llamatechllamatech Member Posts: 4

@pfbuck,

While you can't zero the quantities for items via bulk import, the Inventory Counts function does allow you to quickly identify items and zero them all (or adjust them for accuracy during true-up); I expect that will your fastest route to address those 650+ items.

• Uncle_MiltonUncle_Milton Member Posts: 24

Merge to delete for the win!! brilliant solution! Include year data and sort by that at merge/delete 100 items at a time! still takes a bit but eating the elephant in chunks rather than nibbles