Gift Cards - cannot be reissued or reassigned once associated with a customers

hbredhbred Member Posts: 2

Maybe I am too concerned that we already dump enough plastic into the world but why would this not be a feature?

As a small business, all I am hoping for is if a customer comes in, uses their gift card and does not want to reload it (how many people have any of you had a customer just reload a gift card? Me never!) that I can reuse the card, assign it to another customer and add value to it. Fine if we can see how many customers have been associate with the card or fine if it removes the last customer but either way it needs the most recent customer information with the card - not the first customer that ever used said card.

Anyone else have issue with not being able to effectively reuse gift cards that are not visibly damaged?

1 comment

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 546 moderator

Hey @hbred ,

We totally hear you and want to make sure to do our part for the planet too!

If a Gift Card is at 0$, you can recycle it! (In lightspeed, we mean)

If you go into Customers, to the far right of the Gift Cards option, there's a Recycle Card button you can click.

Just scan-in the card number at 0$ you wish to recycle and click Search!

From there, you'll see a yellow bar at the top of the screen to confirm that the recycling of the card was done properly.

The card will then no longer feature in your list of active gift cards.

You can consult the Recycling gift cards page in case of needing these steps again! The help center is full of helpful steps and guides to make sure you're on top of your Retail game.

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)