Putting out of stock products at the end of the collection

BenjaminHornoyBenjaminHornoy Member Posts: 5

@Lightspeed

Is there a way to make sure out of stock products are located at the end of the collection when a customer browses a category? Not just at the end of each page, but at the end of the category or collection. I saw that this was possible with Shopify with a little bit of code: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-do-I-sort-quot-Out-of-Stock-quot-products-to-the-end-of-a/td-p/222020/page/2

Could you adapt this code or provide one for Lightspeed eCom users?

Note: as you know there is no built-in way to filter out out-of-stock products on the eCom front end, and coding it would take thousands of dollars according to quotes we received. The above may do the trick until you build the Filter in (if ever), thanks.

2 comments

• AzTAzT Member Posts: 56 ✭

I believe that some themes do actually have an out of stock feature available, but not all. The other thing you could do is set visibility to "Visible When In Stock" if you are ok with out of stock items not being visible at all until you have more again.

• mattangermattanger Member Posts: 64 ✭

@BenjaminHornoy I think that I can do this for you, and I'm pretty sure it won't bet that much. Unless I'm missing something in your post. I'll send you a direct message.