Multi-currency

David_4speedDavid_4speed Member Posts: 4

Hi,

Switzerland has its own currency (CHF), but many customers (tourists) pay in Euros and Dollars. Lightspeed Retail can only manage one currency. As retail, we make some of our purchases in Euros and Dollars, but the inventory is then stated in CHF. We are looking for a solution to handle multi-currency.

Answers

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 702 

As far as I know Lightspeed E-Com supports MC, whereas Lightspeed Retail does not. Unsure if there's a third-party solution that will provide this functionality...

• HBAEngravingHBAEngraving Member Posts: 9

I just phoned and the retail does not support, this needs to be address NOW imo. I have been using QB and was told LS does and now finding out it doesn't, dissapointed to say the least.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @HBAEngraving

This has already been noted in the customer-requested upgrades for retail, but I'll add your feedback to it!

You're correct, currently, there is only 1 currency selection that can be done and all other currencies would need to be converted into the one matching your store account.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• sfusionsfusion Member Posts: 8

This is also an issue for my business and agreed that this functionality needs to be added. Don't understand why it was available in Onsite but not Retail.

Hey @sfusion

Multi-currency has been launched in General Availability as of yesterday!

Feel free to contact support if you have any more questions! Here's some information on the newly launched feature.

Enjoy your day!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

• HBAEngravingHBAEngraving Member Posts: 9
    edited May 27
  • caskmusiccaskmusic Member Posts: 12

Hi @VanessaD I'm happy to hear about this added feature. I don't see a way to apply it to customers. Am I missing an option, or is that coming? I sell primarily in CDN but one marketplace I use sells in USD so I'd like to be able to represent those sales accurately.

Hey @caskmusic

For the time being, the Multi-currency is only elegible with the cost section but I do understanding wanting to save time by the software auto-calculating the differences.

Alternatively, you could always create a pricing level in conjunction with a customer type and price rule to help get you the USD pricing in your inventory card for US customers.

To do this, you'd start by creating the US Resident customer types via the Settings -> Customer types. Assign all US residents to this customer type.

You'd also create the Pricing level called USD and assign the converted pricing values (could be via export, manipulation via excel and re-import or by manually adjusting it).

Finally, create your Price Rule where you link the customer type to the Pricing level. Here's an example below:

Hope this helps!

———

All the best!

Vanessa