Sales during inventory count

johantotajohantota Member Posts: 1

It's our first inventory count with the system and I have a question regarding what i should do when there is a sale of an item during the count (which happened during our count today). When the sale happened, the item was highlighted in the totals tab of the inventory count with a tag saying Qoh change. Do I need to manually adjust down the number in the count?

I ask because the "change" column is still zero and it changes to -1 when I manually adjust the count down for the sale. I appears that the reconcile works will just the "change" numbers so I am apprehensive about manually changing the count to factor in the sale.

2 comments

• VintageWineGuyVintageWineGuy Member Posts: 112 ✭

Yes, when you make a sale of a counted item, Lightspeed keeps the count "true" and you don't need to recount or change the number. You should not change your existing counts.

So, you count 5 widgets but haven't reconciled.

You then sell 1 widget. The widget turns yellow in your count and adjusts automatically.

When you reconcile you will adjust to 4. The 5 you counted minus the one you sold.

We have enjoyed this feature as it takes us a while to inventory, and this this we don't have to worry about it.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 235 moderator

hey there @johantota !

If any items were sold/added through a PO/Removed from a vendor return etc, the item will show up highlighted in yellow with the QOH Changed message on the far-right. 

​ 

If you see these, it's important that BEFORE you reconcile, you delete the line items highlighted in yellow and re-count them. This is to prevent any calculation issues in case of the quantities being modified at any point. 

I know that normally these flags should fix the amount you've counted and you might run into some people who say that this is how it is supposed to work, but based on my extensive testing with these, I noticed that they also fail sometimes and I don't want that to even potentially affect you, thus why I recommend deleting/recounting the lines.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)