Feature Suggestion: Set limits on Workorders perday/holidays

marcsictransitcyclesmarcsictransitcycles Member Posts: 2
edited February 17 in Feedback

Hey Gang, it would be incredibly helpful in managing a busy service department if we could set limits on how many workorders could be created for each day and prevent them from being created for days we are closed or for holidays. This is a huge limitation of the software that requires constant oversight by our staff.

I hope this can be added to a list of improvements.

Thanks

8 comments

• VD_LSVD_LS Administrator, Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 758 moderator

Hey @marcsictransitcycles ,

I'll note it down! Thank you so much for your feedback!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• RevcycleRevcycle Member Posts: 24

We've been asking for this for 2 years, please tell me you are way past noting it down!!! If you are not gonna develop it then give us API access to create workorders. Service module is a joke without this functionality

Hey @Revcycle ,

The more we get feedback for it and the more often it comes back, the more emphasis it shows the development team on how important these kinds of modifications are to the software's functionality.

We understand your frustration and have noted your request of opening up the API channels to cover work order / calendar APIs.

Enjoy your week!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

• RevcycleRevcycle Member Posts: 24

Hi Vanessa, it doesn't seem though that this is true, when there are posts that go all the way back to 2014 and there is no news, no updates and no responding, why would people have faith they are being listened to. The request for API access is all over these forums and I know we have brought it up with our sales reps many times.

• DanHDanH Member Posts: 3

I would love to be able to set a limit for "maximum hours for the day. So when we hit that limit it alerts you. Kind of like a traffic light colour system.

Hey @Revcycle ,

We hear you and I can assure you that I've forwarded not only your feedback but also your name to our product team.

———

All the best!

Vanessa

Hey @DanH

Thanks for the feedback! It's been noted.

———

All the best!

Vanessa

• CarlPresseaultCarlPresseault Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I was just wondering if there's any update on this issue. Work orders are mainly based on appointment and maximum workshop capacity and right now there's no tool to limit the number of SRO per day.