End of Day Report by Register

kbengtsonkbengtson Member Posts: 2

Almost every report can be filtered by Register except End of Day - which to me seems the most logical to be broken down by Register.

I need my payment breakdown, revenue collected and tax collected all in one spot - which no other report provides. End of Day provides it - but it is not able to be filtered by Register. Any chance of adding that feature?

5 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @kbengtson ,

Currently, the end of day report is quite old and will not be modified any further. We are working towards removing it as we move forward since it does not take into consideration things like Voids and doesn't play nice with all printers that we support.

We usually suggest to use other reports like the Lines, Totals and Payments received report to be able to get the breakdown of each register's sales.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• kbengtsonkbengtson Member Posts: 2

I understand that. But having ONE report with Payment Info, Revenue and Tax by Register would be helpful. I have been told to pull multiple reports by the support team - but suggesting the creation of a simplified report with all the vital closing information to reconcile registers.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 714 moderator

Hey @kbengtson,

I see your point! I'll be happy to note down your request for something similar to the current EOD report, but that includes those pesky transactions that don't appear now.

Luckily, if we're talking about specifically the Total revenue and tax information per register, the Totals report would give you exactly what you need!

Here are the column headers from the Totals report, which include the total tax, your sale value and your cost value as well as your profit and margin.

These can all be exported and summed in Excel so you can get those raw numbers fairly easily.

To boot, you can filter by register or to view all registers at once using the Advanced search options (seen below)

And finally, there's a breakdown that totals up all the values at the top to give you a similar value of your cost/profit/taxes etc.

Hope this helps!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• LisagogoLisagogo Member Posts: 2

I've heard that the EOD report is going away from someone else in support but I like it! I agree with the original poster. I like to be able to see ALL my sales numbers on one page with payment types, categories, tax numbers, etc. Please suggest that an improvement be made on the EOD report, not a complete removal. Thank you.

• jshumphreyjshumphrey Member Posts: 2

Pulling from multiple reports at the EOD is a pain. We end up spending a lot time to make what amounts to two deposits. One for the bank which is cash and checks, another which is what will come through credit card payments. We then tie this back to our categories to know what came through shop sales, admissions, and other high level categories. For those who do not need an analytics package, there should be some level of custom reporting available.