Online ordering -> receipts/order printing

2>

Answers

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 723 moderator

Hi @sdbkwilia,

For each location you'll need to authorize your integration with the URL your building on this page: https://developers.lightspeedhq.com/resto-api/introduction/authentication/#authorization-request

After that the customer is logging in with his admin email to authorize your integration what generates a token(unique per location). With that token you can communicate to the correct location.

• sdbkwiliasdbkwilia Member Posts: 17

Hi @LucienVersendaal ,

Thanks for the explanation.

This makes sense, yet also it doesn't.

You see, we've received 1 account ([email protected] nl) that supposedly has rights to all the companies (environments) from one of your field supports guys. Supposedly we're able to communicate for all the different locations through this one account. I just don't understand how.

It seems to me like we just have to do the OAuth set up for all of the locations, with their own unique admin emails.

So we have 1 set of consumerkey/secret. That's static.

We have multiple (~18) admin email accounts. Going through the OAuth setup with each of these results in ~18 accesstokens that grant permission to their specific environment.

Is that right?

• LucienVersendaalLucienVersendaal Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 723 moderator

Hi @sdbkwilia,

To be honest I don't know why this account is created for you, maybe to test your integration on a production server. This all makes it very confusing for you, which we don't want. Since we're using OAuth2 flow you don't need a partner account to get access to the customer. You only need to build the link and give this to them, like I mentioned before.

Yes you are correct. You need to do the OAuth set up for all of the locations, with their own unique admin emails.

Yes in your case you've 1 set of static key/secret.

We have multiple (~18) admin email accounts. Going through the OAuth setup with each of these results in ~18 accesstokens that grant permission to their specific environment. This is correct.

I hope this helps.