VAT shift on UK orders

Hi,

after Brexit, 20% UK VAT should be calculated on orders under 135 GBP; and no VAT should be calculated on orders over 135 GBP

(Help center article https://ecom-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/nl/articles/1260802255549 ).

Lightspeed fixed this, but the API doesn't seem to make this split. In other words: in the API the priceExcl is the same as the priceIncl , whether it is with or without VAT . This means that our accounting software is not able to put through the correct VAT codes automatically.

Could you look into this, please?

5 comments

• CelticWebMerchantCelticWebMerchant Member Posts: 255 ✭

I have no intent to keep manually changing my invoices in Exact. Can anyone reply?

@LucienVersendaal , @VanessaD , @Ali_Masoumie

• Ali_MasoumieAli_Masoumie Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 61 moderator
    edited February 24

Hi @CelticWebMerchant

I tried to reproduce this issue you are describing by creating two orders via the front store of a test shop and by making 2 orders via the API; one order under 135GBP and one over 135GBP and did some GET requests. 

Results:

Order under 135GBP:

"order": {"priceExcl": 91.12, "priceIncl": 109.35 }

"taxRates": {"name": "VAT", "rate": 0.2, "amount": 16.664 }

Order above 135GBP:

"order": {"priceExcl": 167.78, "priceIncl": 167.78 }

"taxRates": {"name": "VAT", "rate": 0, "amount": 0 }

As you can see, for orders under 135GB the tax will be calculated (so the priceExcl and priceIncl are not the same) and for orders above 135GB the tax will be 0 (so the priceExcl and priceIncl will also both be 0) which is intended.

Can you send more information (ordernumber for example) so that we can have a closer look?

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 500 moderator

Hey @CelticWebMerchant,

Thanks for digging into this! API are not my direct point of expertise, however I've gotten your question to the right people and will get back to you after they've met to discuss it (or have somene from the team get back to you) as soon as we can.

I'll keep this comment on the side until we've gotten further information.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• CelticWebMerchantCelticWebMerchant Member Posts: 255 ✭

@Ali_Masoumie

I'm posting the reply I received from iwebdevelopment in Dutch. It is regarding order UK06944 (shop 36200)

Bedankt voor je reactie. Ik zie dat er geen BTW wordt gerekend in de API van Lightspeed zoals hieronder te zien, voor deze reden worden de ingestelde BTW-codes voor Export gehanteerd.

"priceExcl": 102.18,
        "priceIncl": 102.18,

Ik raad aan om dit verder met Lightspeed te onderzoeken zodat er in de API BTW wordt gerekend en de koppeling de order kan importeren met de bijbehorende BTW-code voor Britse BTW

• Ali_MasoumieAli_Masoumie Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 61 moderator

Hi,

Order UK06944 seems affected by the bug which has been resolved by now.

I have checked your recent orders and in all the orders the tax is calculated and shown correctly, so you should not face the same issue with new orders.

Please let me know if you encounter the same issue on recent orders.