Label design

2>

53 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 704 moderator

Hey @Natalie_G888

We totally understand your frustration in this particular situation and assure you that it is something that we are working on to appease Onsite merchants, wanting a more user-friendly interface when migrating over to Retail.

Thanks for your feedback!

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• alamodealamode Member Posts: 5

I have been using Lightspeed POS for almost 3 years and I have tried everything under the sun with the tags and tag printing. Tag design is a perpetual thorn in my side. I have not seen any improvement in that category as yet.

• ShootersshedShootersshed Member Posts: 114 

@VanessaD , any progress on having SKU print on labels yet?? This is becoming a major daily issue for us.

• MrDarcyMrDarcy Member Posts: 16

Adding myself to the list of people frustrated with the label design.

Some our labels are printing the product description but not the size or colour details. So we can t label anything in store without a scanner.

another hiccup in australia is the zebra printer and the supplies are impossible to source. My lightspeed sales rep took my payment 2 months ago and failed to notify that he couldn’t supply the printer- only when I chased him up a few days ago did I learn if the stock issues. So we have a deadline of 4 weeks to end on site at 2 sites but no label printers. It’s a disaster

Hey @Shootersshed

Not yet! However, it doesn't mean it's not being worked on, it just means I haven't heard anything regarding it being in beta so far.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

All the best!

Vanessa

• ibgrafxibgrafx Member Posts: 2

So we are in exactly the same position. we use labels not for checkout but for our vendors to scan and enter our PO information.

The system SKU does nothing for them and now we cannot order as usual. We have over 32,000 SKU's and Lightspeed Retail is not helping us in any way to resolve the issues. @VanessaD and all other agents think adding Cheers at the end of their comments make things all well.

@Lightspeed PLEASE GET THIS FIXED!! We MUST have UPC barcode on the labels and now - it's impacting our business and YOU MADE US switch to Retail. You forced this on us but cannot give us the same product

Hey @ibgrafx

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts with us. We want to let you know that we value every piece of feedback we get from our customers!

I've noted this in our list of enhancement requests.

Enjoy your weekend!

———

All the best!

Vanessa

@VanessaD , any progress on having SKU print on labels yet??

This is becoming a MAJOR daily issue for us.

It really is a ridiculous setup and MUST be fixed ASAP.

Please ask a Manager at Lightspeed a time line on this or they will be losing customers.

Hey Jason

I've notified your account manager about wanting to have this discussion with them. For the time being, there is no further update, but it is to be expected.

We usually get updates once an enhancement request has gone past the development and gone into closed or open beta testing. If the product is not at this point, it's usually kept under wraps.

Thank you for your continued interest!

———

All the best!

Vanessa

• 1CJ_Correnti1CJ_Correnti Member Posts: 2

I need to print 2x1.25 labels vertically as the width of my custom color printed non-adhesive labels are 1.25" wide. Can you send me some direction...or better yet the entire code (i mean from start to finish with no inserting into any other code) to copy and paste K Thanks.....

• Patrick1234Patrick1234 Member Posts: 13

i want a proper custom label function

@VanessaD No, no feedback from a Manager is not to be expected.

We are paying for working functional software.

Working software is to be expected.

And this isn't "my continued interest", this is my continued frustration, as every single day I am wasting hours sorting this rubbish out when it already worked perfectly in Lightspeed Onsite!!!!!

We understand your frustration and have communicated your feedback on each occasion that it has come up.

The development team is constantly working on the software and has a list of things they are already working based on priority.

Thank you for keeping the discourse on the community respectful!

———

All the best!

Vanessa

• hitempo_toddhitempo_todd Member Posts: 2

I would like to add my vote for better/easier label customization.

• rscottonlinerscottonline Member Posts: 3

this situation is completely ridiculous. It looks awful to have the ID numbers for products included in the description, and the complete lack of customisation is idiotic. I am a programmer and I cant get the labels to come out looking decent if i customise them!

If you're not going to let us customise labels properly, at least make the default labels look decent! The barcode is massive, the price is massive, and the store name at the top looks awful!

• chrislongshankschrislongshanks Member Posts: 1

Wow, after reading this thread, this is now the main barrier for me moving forward with LS Retail. We sell new and used CDs and vinyl; being able to add specific info to the label is critical.

+1 over here for an improved label solution.

• myfsfmyfsf Member Posts: 1

Adding myself to the list of people frustrated with the label design.

• BEVVBEVV Member Posts: 9

Please add me to the list of frustrated clients. With Onsite I was able to design a nice looking label. With Retail I have a label that looks like it is designed for a supermarket/grocery or discount store - we need something that looks more sophisticated.

Also- the price should be on the top right hand side of the label after the description of the item not on the left.

When will we be able to edit/design our own labels?

So they fixed it so we can print the SKU on the lanel which we all thank you for...

But they took away the barcode....... So we cant even scan the pricetag anymore....

WTF is wrong with the programmers there.......

Somebody is seriously taking the piss.

OK..... So.... Product with a UPC

New update allows labels to print the UPC as the barcode... YAY!!

Except that the barcode that gets printed isn't the UPC, it is only PART of the UPC......

AND LIGHTSPEED DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...........!!!!

• SethMSethM Member Posts: 41

I would also like to be on the list for requesting better label printing options. Thanks

• devosh007devosh007 Member Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am new to the Lightspeed Retail space, awesome software, but I have to agree the label printing sounds challenging. @VanessaDThe user should have the opportunity to design the labels themselves, this will also ease on helpdesk queries. I have to admit, the Vend label printing functionality is also limited as you cannot design the label either, but it does the job.

Great idea if this can be implemented in future, @VanessaD thank you for the moderation.

Kind regards,

H