Sell Speed Report

I need a report that will tell me what quantity of items sold per day while they were in stock. Similar to the “Days to Sell Out” report, but that will also give me information for items that have already sold out. The Turns report doesn’t work because if you get 12 of three different items and they all sell at different speeds, it doesn’t tell you which sold the fastest.

4 comments

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 500 moderator

Hey @cornellfarm ,

When you're referring to the Days to Sell Out report, are you talking about wanting to compare the percentage of items received vs. sold by category or tag or etc?

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)

• cornellfarmcornellfarm Member Posts: 4

@VanessaD Not quite. I'm looking for a way to compare how quickly different items sell.

For example if I receive 10 yellow flowers and 10 red flowers and the yellow flowers sell out in 2 days, but the red flowers take 14 days to sell out, I would like to easily know that we sold yellow flowers at a rate of 5 per day and red flowers at a rate of 0.71 per day while they were in stock.

Another option would be the average or median number of days to sell a given item. That way if one of the yellow flowers died but wasn't taken out of inventory, it would still show as being much more popular than the red flower, even though it never completely sold out.

The trouble is when I run a sell through report 14 days after they've come in, They both have a 100% sell though, even though one was significantly more popular than the other.

• gregaricangregarican Member Posts: 663 

What you are referring to I'd consider to be an element of "stock turn" in the big picture. Which is definitely a standard metric when analyzing retail business.

If this isn't available as a canned Retail report, then some avenues might include a custom API request set, a third-party partner's solution, or perhaps the Lightspeed Analytics add-on.

• VanessaDVanessaD Moderator, Lightspeed Staff Posts: 500 moderator

@cornellfarm ,

Gregarican is correct. there is no canned report within Lightspeed retail for the turns, however, there is a pre-made Turns report with the Analytics adon. If you like to get more information on that, you can reach out to your account rep.

———

If you have any further questions Please do not hesitate to contact LightSpeed support or check out our Support Page.

Cheers!

Vanessa D.

Lightspeed Retail Support

866-932-1801 ext. 2 (Toll-Free)

514-907-1801 ext. 2 (Montreal)